Venice Non-Profit Organizations
Learn about Venice's non-profit charitable service organizations serving the Venice community
If business is the structure that supports Venice, then the community's non-profits are the glue that holds this caring community together. Two years ago, Venice listed approximately 90 non-profit organizations. Today, there are over 180 registered 501 C-3's in this relatively small zip code of 90291; a coastal region of the City of Los Angeles. Venice residents and business people give substantial money and donate many hours of personal time to support these worthwhile charities and community service organizations.
Here is a brief summary of some of the Venice Non-Profit Organizations:
- The oldest existing non-profit in Venice is the Knights of Columbus, given non-profit status in October, 1940.
- The Venice Family Clinic is the largest free clinic in the United States.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Venice offers after school and summer programs for children of all ages.
- Windows Between Worlds, AWBW is the only organization offering comprehensive training and ongoing support to domestic violence programs using art as a healing tool for battered women and children.
- Beyond Baroque is a legendary center providing public readings, free workshops, project room, bookstore, publications and chapbook/small press archives.
- Electric Lodge is a dedicated performing arts center and laboratory for performing and visual artists of all genres.
- The Venice Historical Society is the archivist of Venice of America up to present day Venice.
- Venice Community Housing Corporation strives to preserve the economic, racial and social diversity of Venice and the surrounding area by maximizing affordable housing.
These are only a few of the exceptional organizations making a difference in the lives of all Venetians.
With your back against the ocean and your heart facing the city, learn more about the exceptional organizations that make Venice the undisputed soul of Los Angeles on your Venice Beach Walking Tour.